Friday, November 26, 2010

Mirror Mirror


Mirror mirror on the wall, the mask is wearing thin

I bleed from every pore, but the voice keeps repeating "it's ok, same as before". Spark, ignite, fire, slow drag, exhale… it's calming me from the inside out. Friends find comfort in confiding again, they never seem to realize that I too am wearing thin. Your issues mirror mine in ways I cannot begin to set a blaze. Breathing in your burdened signs fail to produce results like mine. Yet you call again. I feel overwhelmed with my own concerns; I cannot continue to add the weight of you. My knees have buckled; my fear now is that you will not offer to pick me up once they give way.

I suppose that I'm a selfish soul in a selfish shell immersed in my delusion. My simplistic flee is to lock my doors and wallow in seclusion. This troubled brow grows heavy. What makes me smile is unreliable. Tonight I miss my bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment